Monday, March 30, 2009

INTRODUCTION TO POLYNESIAN MUSIC

MUSIC IS VERY MUCH PART OF MY LIFE AND I WOULD SAY OF POLYSIAN PEOPLE IN GENERAL.

I GUESS WE WERE BORN WITH IT.

THIS FOLLOWING SONG SANG BY PAOLA IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME. I DEDICATE THIS ONE TO YOU ALL...I HAVE A SPECIAL THOUGHT FOR THOSE THAT ARE LIVING SO FAR AWAY FROM OUR POLYNESIAN ISLANDS. I SAY TO THEM "A HOI MAI I TAHITI" (COME BACK TO TAHITI) WHEN YOU CAN.





Credits: A ho'i mai i Tahiti -Lyrics &Music by our friend Papapenu , Adminitrator of TahitiRadioCocotier/dotclear. http://www.tahitiradiococotier.com/dotclear/

I did find the CD of Paola that has many of Papapenu's compositions at BONNARD (a music store in Papeete Tahiti). Mr Paul CHUNG SUI LINE, the owner of the store, told me that he does ship them out of the country. Here is his TEL # (689) 42 91 00 AND E-mail address for those that are interested to order the CD : chungestherpaul@hotmail.com








Find all the song titles below that you will hear played on this PAOLA CD:
  1. NO TO'U MAMA HERE
  2. JOHN VENESSA
  3. MELODIES INACHEVEES
  4. SOUS LA PLUIE
  5. MAL DE TOI
  6. A HOI MAI I TAHITI
  7. TAAONE
  8. COME ON OVER
  9. OISEAU DE POLYNESIE

With much love,
Tararaina.

No comments: